Applying to a Limited Enrollment Program
Current University of Maryland students should apply online for admission to Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry and ENSP: Biodiversity and Conservation; Business; Communication; Engineering; and Journalism.
- You may apply for your desired LEP major during the semester in which you complete the gateway courses for that major. Students applying to majors in the Robert H. Smith School of Business must also have at least 45 credits completed and be in progress to 60 credits at the time of their application.
- If you are seeking admission to Criminology and Criminal Justice, Government and Politics or Psychology, please see the department’s website for admission information.
- If you are applying to the University of Maryland as a freshman or as a transfer student from another institution, please review the admission requirements and apply using the regular online application by the appropriate deadline. If you indicate a Limited Enrollment Program as your intended major, you will automatically be reviewed for admission to that program.
The online application will be available beginning in late January 2015 and you may apply at any time prior to your program’s deadline. Please refer to the chart below for specific information regarding Fall 2015 admission as application deadlines and decision notification timelines vary by program.
|Limited Enrollment Program||Application Deadline||Anticipated Decision Notification|
Biological Sciences; Biochemistry; Chemistry and ENSP; Biodiversity; and Conservation
|June 5, 2015||Mid-June|
|Business||March 15, 2015||Late March|
Tips for Completing the Online Application
- If you are seeking admission to multiple Limited Enrollment Programs, you must complete a separate application for each LEP.
- When previewing the application prior to submission, you will see all portions of the online application form, including those not relevant to the program for which you are applying. This is to be expected and will not impact your application provided you completed the sections relevant to your desired LEP major.
- You will see a letter of recommendation feature in the online application. Only business school applicants may submit letters of recommendation -- no more than three letters will be accepted. Letters of recommendation may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions font desk in the Mitchell Building on the bottom floor.
- If you have questions about the application requirements or admission process, you may contact the Limited Enrollment Programs office at email@example.com. If you have technical problems using the application system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to access the Application for a Limited Enrollment Program.