Transfer Application Checklist
You can relax after you submit all of the following items in your application package to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by the appropriate deadline:
1. The completed online application for undergraduate admission. This includes an essay describing why you wish to transfer to Maryland at this time and explaining academic challenges and/or future goals. All additional application materials should be postmarked by the appropriate deadline.
2. A nonrefundable application fee of $65, sent with your application. If you apply on the Web, you may pay online with a credit card (we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover) or be billed by the university separately. Our website is protected by Verisign. You may also mail your nonrefundable application fee (payable to the University of Maryland). Please include your name and birth date on the check. Sorry, we cannot honor debit cards or cash.
3. An official copy of all of your college transcripts, sent directly from the registrar(s) of all former college(s). A final official transcript must also be sent upon completion of any courses in progress. The University of Maryland accepts transfer credits taken only from regionally accredited institutions. Maryland’s Transfer Credit Center will determine the acceptance of credit after the university extends an offer of admission.
International students: Official transcripts must be sent by those institutions in the native language with certified English translations.
4. An official copy of your high school transcript, as well as official SAT and/or ACT scores, if you have completed fewer than 30 semester or 45 quarter hours. Official copies of your transcripts should be sent directly from your high school. SAT and/or ACT scores should be sent directly by the Educational Testing Service (SAT code for Maryland is 5814) or the ACT Program (ACT code for Maryland is 1746).
International students: Secondary school transcripts should be sent in the native language with a certified English translation.
5. Optional: A resume or statement of academic and extracurricular activities.